First Baptist Greenville offers a thriving Children’s Ministry!
We seek to meet each child at her/ his level of development and in a safe, loving environment, help them grow:
- to understand God’s love for them
- to learn the sacred stories of the Bible and apply God’s truths to their own lives as they develop their faith
- to share God’s love with others in acts of missions within the community in which we live
- to develop Christ-like friendships in which they can offer and receive support in their faith.
What can children do at First Baptist?
On Sundays, our children participate in age graded Sunday School classes and enjoy a special children’s message during the worship service designed just for them. Fourth and fifth graders have the opportunity to lead the congregation into worship each week as acolytes, and the second Sunday of October is always Children’s Sabbath, a special worship service led by our children.
Children also participate in Discipleship classes, Children’s Missions Weeks, Camp Prism, and Vacation Bible School, as well as occasional art experiences designed to nurture their growing spiritual lives.
Outings are planned each month during the school year to give children the chance to deepen friendships and build community. On Wednesday nights our children enjoy age grouped choirs and Children on Mission, our missions education classes.
We treasure children at First Baptist Greenville!
- Children’s Ministry 13-14 permission form.
- FBC Newsletter for Children and their Families, produced weekly
- Children’s Ministries Facebook Page
- The Wonder Circle, a blog written for FBC Sunday School teachers, posted weekly